• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export Limit export size

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclanger

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
How do I create an export that will limit the size to 1 meg or smaller?

I tried setting the size to 1 meg and 70 pixels per inch but the output was a 1.5.

Pixels per inch won't be useful for that. Lightroom's output size limiter doesn't always work correctly, so you'll probably need to make your image pixel dimensions smaller and then fiddle with the amount of compression applied.

What are you using the images for? How big do they need to be measured in pixels per side?

The only instruction is less than 1 MB. I am trying to find the sweet spot instead of exporting, checking, adjusting, exporting...

Yes, but where is the file going to be used? Printed? Displayed on a monitor? If we know that, we can have a clue as to how big to make the image.

If you are exporting a "full size" image (eg. 6000x4000) then is is often impossible for Lightroom to use enough JPG compression to get the exported file size below 1mB. You may need to also specify a Resize (eg. 1200x800).
Resolution has absolutely no influence on export file sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back