• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom trandfered - lost activation

Pierre Desjardins

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Version de Lightroom : 6.0 [1014445]
Operating System
macOS 10.11 El Capitan
I recently had to transfer all my OS drive (containing Lightroom and all applications) to a new computer. I had made a clone with Carbon Copy Cloner but alas, some applications lost their activation code! Lightroom is one of them. I have been suggested to remove Lightroom and re-install it. I am in fear that I will lose all my tweaks, Publisher modules (especially the TTG modules and their web sites). I've been using this unique catalogue for over five years. Thousands of images all catalogued and edited.

I am really in a pickle!

Pierre Desjardins

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
So, I should remove the existing copy of LR and re-install from the install disk. I guess I should back up the catalogue before. Thanks for the reassuring.