• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom trandfered - lost activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pideja

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Version de Lightroom : 6.0 [1014445]
Operating System
I recently had to transfer all my OS drive (containing Lightroom and all applications) to a new computer. I had made a clone with Carbon Copy Cloner but alas, some applications lost their activation code! Lightroom is one of them. I have been suggested to remove Lightroom and re-install it. I am in fear that I will lose all my tweaks, Publisher modules (especially the TTG modules and their web sites). I've been using this unique catalogue for over five years. Thousands of images all catalogued and edited.

I am really in a pickle!

You won't lose anything like that. Reinstalling does not touch your catalog, and edits and publishing services and everything else like that is in the catalog.

So, I should remove the existing copy of LR and re-install from the install disk. I guess I should back up the catalogue before. Thanks for the reassuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back