• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Mobile will not sign in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
CC 7.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Lightroom Mobile will not sign in. I keep getting a spinning icon. I've shut down and tried several times. Thank you for any help.

Hi Holly, welcome to the forum!

For a start, what kind of device are you using? iOS? Android? Or is this in Lightroom Classic on the desktop?

Thank you! I'm glad to be here. It's Lightroom Classic on the desktop. I don't have my tablet set up and was trying to sign in and sync using the desktop first. Was this correct?

That should be fine Holly. Have you checked you're signed into the CC app ok? Take us through your exact steps... I'm wondering if a firewall is getting in the way, you might want to test turning it off. Oh, and reboot the computer, just for good measure, as it's amazing how often that helps!

I had a 'duh' moment. I'm using a laptop that is plugged directly into the router. It shows that I am signed into CC but not Mobile.

Hmmmm, ok, can Lightroom access other web services ok, like the Map module?

I don't use Maps and hadn't thought of that. No, it doesn't appear to be working. Slideshow is working, print and web appear to be working. Should I uninstall LR and Reinstall? Thank you for your help.

Ok, if Maps isn't working, that means Lightroom isn't able to access the internet. That means your anti-virus/firewall/security software on your computer or on your router is blocking it. Are you running software like that on your computer that you know of?

We have wireless and the laptop is hooked directly into the router. Yes, there is a anti-virus software on that router. I'll try removing that and see if that works and let you know. We installed the anti-virus because the 2nd computer is a pc; didn't think about the imac pro having an issue using the wireless connection.

I'm sorry I haven't answered. We've had a problem with our service recently and have a service tech coming out Monday. I hope it will be resolved next week. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back