RikkFlohr

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Adobe Representative
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Installed the 2.6 update yesterday. Imported new images today. Select multiple images. Delete. Select Delete Files (remove works fine). Watch the hourglass spin for an hour. Kill Lightroom. Open. Question Marks in all the previously deleted frames.
Is anyone else seeing this?
UPDATE: It appears this behavior manifests by having an IPod plugged in without Itunes open. Will continue to investigate.

Empty

Are all the files physically present on the drive (i.e. Not marked Missing in LR)?
FWIW I deleted over 2'' files last night. The files were located on the NAS. I also deleted a smaller number (5'?) from an External USB Drive. LR took less time on my 4 Core Win7-64 than a similar operation on my 2 Core Win7-32. Your experience is not my experience. I don't think it is 2.6. It must be either file related or catalog related. When did you last optimise your lrcat?

Yesterday.

[quote author=RikkFlohr link=topic=87''.msg58624#msg58624 date=1261515874]
Yesterday.
[/quote]Even if that eliminates the catalog, try a new catalog and import some of the same files into it. If the problem persists with the new catalog, try different files with the new catalog until you isolate a particular file. If there is no particular file, then possibly you have a bad 2.6 install. Try a clean install and more words.

Here's some more info. Move also locks up LR.

All my Digital Photos reside on a 1 TB drive we'll call "H". When 2.6 installed it overwrote my preference for importing photos from that device to my User Directory's Pictures folder instead. I have never once in 2 years and 8'''' images imported to that folder-nor would ever have reason to.

Anything that happens in that folder locks up and gives me fits. When I move the images to the H Drive again. Delete and move behave normally. Anything imported in 2.6 to the Pictures folder on C locks up.

Another possibility is file/folder permissions. The owner of the LR process likely does not have full permissions on "H:\". (Or for that matter "C:\Users\<mylogin>\Pictures\") Is "H:\" a USB external drive or something else? Was it created on the current OS? Is is NTFS? Do you login as an adminstrator on your PC?

Going from 2.5 to 2.6 did not make any changes to my preferences. I import to "C:\Users\<mylogin>\Pictures\Working\". Three days ago I got a new Computer with Win7 64bit. I used "Windows Easy Transfer" to transfer all my settings and preferences from my old computer to the new one. I then installed a fresh copy of LR2.6 from the Adobe site on to a machine that had no previous LR installed (just the transferred settings) When I opened LR for the first time, It opened a new empty catalog. From the menu, I clicked on <File><Open Catalog> and navigated to my master .lrcat file and everything looked just like the old machine.

The reason I am saying this is that I believe you have some issues with a.) your OS install and b.) LR 2.6 install. I've installed LR2.6 on two different machines and neither had problems.

I am full admin. No non-admin accounts exist. I have full permission on all 9 drives. All are formated NTFS. This machine and LR Catalog are almost 2 years old without having any issues. I use LR approximately 4 Hours daily. I was able to delete files by the thousands two days ago. Today, I cannot delete 2. No OS changes or updates have been made. The OS has been in place for two full months with zero issues in LR till today. I know LR changed yesterday because I had to go in and reset my ID Plate and set all my panels to Solo Mode again.

I consider this issue closed. LR functions as it should when my photos are placed where they are supposed to be.

When I have time I will create a new catalog that uses the Pictures Folder on C:\Users\ and test some more.

Very weird. Sounds like your preferences got corrupted and rebuilt, possibly when you had to force quit? That would explain having to reset some of the prefs and it defaulting back to the Pictures folder. Did you get it narrowed down to the iPod or did that get ruled out? What if you go back to 2.5? Any joy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back