• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom can't prepare a selected file. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri S

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.0 [ 201910151439-b660523e ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am trying to get LR to open a selected file in Topaz DeNoise AI, but I keep getting the following error. Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at /Volumes/TSPP/TAICLET, DANA/ROXIE AND BAILEY-4271.DNG for editing.

It will not be opened.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Topaz DeNoise and I still get the error. I may have screwed up the external drive by deleting some files to create more space since I had a second copy on another, larger drive. However, I have reinstalled the files back to the external disc so everything on the disc should be ok? Every since deleting the files, it gives me this error message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does the DNG exist at the location listed? It could be missing.
It it is present, can you open the file using finder and see it is opens properly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is possible that the comma in the Folder name is a problem. /Volumes/TSPP/TAICLET, DANA/
For Lightroom, a comma is an "illegal" character.
If you rename the Folder with Finder you will need to reconnect it in the Lightroom Folder panel by 'Find Missing Folder'.

It is possible that the comma in the Folder name is a problem. /Volumes/TSPP/TAICLET, DANA/
For Lightroom, a comma is an "illegal" character.
Good Catch! While not an illegal character in MacOS, Lightroom has been coded to be compliant in both Windows and MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back