Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Mac

Alex
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Well my New Years resolution is to give positive feedback to people when I get good service or use good products, too often we are quick to give negative feedback but do not seem to find the time when everything is going well.

During the Christmas break I have had the time to work through Scot Kelby’s book. I have to say both the book and Lightroom its self are fantastic.
The way Lightroom is structured from import to export really works well and is a very logical workflow, I for one am very pleased with the program.

Scot Kelby’s book is well written and lets you dip in and out of sections to at least get going, however once you need more detail, if you take the time to read through all the answers are there.

Well I have had a great break and feel I have now got to grips with basics and have been best pleased with the book and program.

Hope everyone has had a good one as well.
Gmac

An attitude that works, thanks Gmac - I know your world will change with your new view........;)

gmac;327'2 said:
Scot Kelby’s book is well written and lets you dip in and out of sections to at least get going, however once you need more detail, if you take the time to read through all the answers are there.

I'll have to disagree. I found Kelby making many statements that were not explained, and those statements didn't particularly seem correct to me. While some of his unexplained statements simply are a matter of his point of view, versus someone else's point of view, and neither is right or wrong, it would still have helped if he explained why he felt his way was superior. And he did no such explaining.

I still learned a lot from Kelby's book, but his writing style, and omissions, left me cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read Kelby's Book and found it to be too watered down. I happily sold it on Amazon quickly. I use Martin Evening's book as my main resource and have read it entirely except for the web info since I do not use LR for that. I also use Victoria's book for quick reference. Although I am a member of NAPP and I appreciate most of their services, Kelby's books are not one of them. I like more detail for the money. Just my 2 cents.

Can we keep it positive please, remember we are here to support Lightroom not do book reviews. If you want to discuss books please do so in the Lounge.

Thanks...............;)

Was early in the day, :cry::cry:sorry if I sounded a bit bullish !! That was my second dragon comment on two forums !! Can some one give me a lashing please!!
Maybe we could keep this stuff in the lounge might have sounded more like what I was intending!!:roll::roll::shock::shock:

I'd have said Lightroom book reviews are pretty on topic Geoff. We're not talking about something entirely unrelated! ;)

I have to admit, I base a lot of my own book choices on other peoples review - because one persons cons may actually be my pros.

Everyone has their own learning style, and choice is a wonderful thing.

Now, Victoria, don't be so modest. That was a perfect time to plug your own book! :lol:

Well, I'll do it then.... If Scott's book doesn't work for you might I suggest you check out Victoria's excellent ebook. Just check the link (and discount code) in her signature above. I keep a copy on my desktop for fast reference at all times. ;)

LOL Gene. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back