• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lens correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Grant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic version 8
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Not sure what I am missing, probably something in the settings somewhere, but the lens correction module is not automatically applied to images. I have to go into the module and tick the boxes. How do I get it too be auto?

Thanks

I think this is how it works:
Choose the lens you want manually and then in the Setup drop down, choose 'Save new lens profile defaults." That lens will be recognised thereafter.

Yes, that is how it should work.

So doing that will be apply lens correction automatically for future imports?

I read the question somewhat differently, i.e. "how do I get to automatically apply LC/CA without having to manually check those boxes", the answer being to include them in a preset or change the default develop settings to include them.

If the question was "why isn't my lens profile automatically detected when I do check the Enable Profile Corrections box", Hal and Johan have supplied the answer.

Zenon....no it doesn't. You'd still have to enable lens corrections, either manually or via preset or via changing the default develop settings.

That is why I asked as it seems the OP was asking that question. I set up lens corrections and a few other things to auto apply at import using the default develop settings.

The title of the thread is Lens Correction and I am saying I can only get it to activate by ticking those boxes. I want lens correction to be auto. If I tick CA/LA the lens correction is applied. Presumably therefore it already knows the lens so I still do not understand why it does not just set the correction. Thanks for the pointers though, appreciated.

This is what I do.

Click on Setup - Reset Lens Profile Defaults. Make sure it does this. Double check it.

In the Lens Correction palette find the lens in Make and then Model.

Setup automatically changes to Custom.

Click on Setup and then on Save New Lens Profile Defaults.

Setup switches back to Default and new lens has been added. Now it will find it no matter which camera you are using.

The title of the thread is Lens Correction and I am saying I can only get it to activate by ticking those boxes.
That is by design. If you want to change that default behaviour I've explained how you can do that. Bear in mind that not all users will want to have lens corrections automatically applied up front, they'll often prefer to defer it until they've done all their other edits (for performance reasons).

This is what I do.

Click on Setup - Reset Lens Profile Defaults. Make sure it does this. Double check it.

In the Lens Correction palette find the lens in Make and then Model.

Setup automatically changes to Custom.

Click on Setup and then on Save New Lens Profile Defaults.

Setup switches back to Default and new lens has been added. Now it will find it no matter which camera you are using.

That's an answer to a different question which the OP didn't ask. He's already said that the LC is applied when he checks the Apply Lens Profile box, he just wants to have the box checked automatically.

That is exactly what I want Zenon. What I said was when I check the box the lens profile is added automatically so why does in not add that lens correction/profile from the start.

Jim W, Interesting point re performance though. Had never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back