• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Is moving CC2015.1 (subscription) catalog to LR6 (perpetual) possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeon

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi, my first post here but I’m a long time reader of both the forum and books (if only Adobe’s test subjects could have spent 5 minutes with the FAQ books we might have been spared this update!). Thanks to Victoria’s warning I was saved from the disastrous update to CC2015.2 but I am now very concerned about the future of LR and the seemingly inevitable future dumbing down.

As a CC subscriber my current catalog version is CC2015.1. I am considering cancelling my CC subscription (I rarely use Photoshop anyway) and purchasing a perpetual licence to Lr 6 in order to ‘lock in’ a version of LR that is, in my opinion, close to perfect for my use and of course, no monthly fee.

My question is, can I transfer my catalog (20k+ photos) with all is metatdata/structure/edits from CC2015 to LR6? Obviously any “Dehaze” edits and LR mobile functions will not transfer but will everything else?

My second question, can I purchase version 6.0 or 6.1 and not be forced to purchase the latest 6.2? I will wait a while to see what Adobe’s next steps are but would just like to be able to consider all future options.

The short answer to both questions is "yes". Uninstall CC and install LR 6.1, and it will find your current catalogue and your current preferences without your having to do anything special.

If Adobe insist that you buy 6.2, you can use the instructions here to revert to 6.1.

Thanks Hal for confirming this should work. I may or may not try this switch depending on how the next update looks.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back