• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Import button and file thumbnails grayed out in import dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.W. Wall

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am trying to import about 200 photos from the last couple months which do not appear in the LR catalog. When I try to import them, the thumbnails are grayed out and so is the import checkbox. When I click "new images" at the top of the thumbnail window, all the thumbnails disappear.

I took this to mean that the images are in the catalog somewhere, but LR cannot find them nor can I.

I am a long-time LR user but only use it a couple times a month usually. MacOS, newest version, iMac 27" w/SSD, photos kept on an external firewire 800 drive (has worked for several years and seems fine now). Correct LR version seems to be 7.4.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this means that Lightroom thinks these images have already been imported. Is it possible that you renamed them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back