IMAGE LOADING

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob

I bought a new HD for my mac g5 - 6 gig ram O/S 1'.5.1'. The HD is 32 cache, which I was told by the sales person would be faster than my old one. I import 3'' images, 1:1 previews. When I go to open the images in develop module it takes 4 or 5 seconds before I can work on them. This is the same for every image. Is this normal? Bob

Unfortunately, likely on a G5. What size raws are they, Bob? This is why even on his Intel 8 core, Jeff Schewe (He has said elsewhere) will select images to work on and render 1:1 images while taking a coffee break or doing something else and then start to wrok on them.

Hopefully this will improve with futre versions (and an upgrade to an Intel Mac, :D )

Don

12.3mg files - on import I make 1:1 PREVIEWS - When they are completly rendered I then start correcting images in the dev module. This is when I get image loading msg. and the wait is 4 or 5 sec. per image. Bob

Right, the previews you're rendering on import are used in Library and some of the other modules, but not in Develop. Develop always renders directly rather than relying on previews.

Thank you for the reply: What can I do to speed up the loading of images in Dev.module?? Bob

Faster disks for your raw files. Put your Camera Raw cache on RAM disk or other very fast disk. Plus all standard tricks (fast CPU, lots of memory, fast disk on fast buses, no unnecessary software running, be sure your anti-virus software isn't interfering with disk writes, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back