• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to use mask to remove the shadow of branches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adonetok

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Please check the attached screenshot.
I am learning LR new feature: Mask.
How to use LR mask to remove the shadow of branches? (Don't work in PS mask)
I searched on YouTube but only found some videos showing how to remove objects which not in main object.

Attachments

• NightHeron.JPG
    NightHeron.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 62
First those are not shadows of branches on the brid, they are the actual branches but out of focus due to DOF.

In this image, you could use the Clone/Heal tool to copy pixels from clean parts of the bird to the parts obsucred by the out of focus branches as fortunatly you have a fair amount of clean bird to clone from.

So, you suggested that it is not necessary to use mask.
I originally wanted to use mask because it is easy to grasp the boundaries of spot.
Thank you.

The problem with using a mask in this situaiton is that even if you created a perfect mask over those branches that go across the bird, what adjustments would you make to eliminate the brownish branches? I can't think of any that could remove the foreground branches and reveal the feather colors of the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back