Firefox 3 + LR Web galleries = Fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Firefox 3 is out now! I've just updated, and I'm loving it. The first thing I did was run it over a few TTG gallery templates. I'm happy to report two important pieces of information:

1) The speed increases hold up to the talk; galleries load blazing fast!

2) The flickering problem that occurred when loading Flash into a lightbox in Firefox 2 has finally been solved. Flash now runs beautifully in a lightbox, slimbox, shadowbox, whatever-box in Firefox, making templates like TTG XML Shadowbox Auto Index that much better.

Woohoo!!

Great news Matt! I've been running the betas for a while, and have been nicely impressed with the improvements.

You aren't kidding! I wish updates in software always ran faster on the same computer. I thought I bought a new pc.

It's nice to see the images from the TTG galleries 'snap' on the screen.

Good post, Matthew!

Firefox

I think we are still running the beta version. I've had it a week or so and no problems. It's blazing fast. Love how fast the TTG galleries scream along!

Okay I'm wrong

Wrong again. LOL. 3 came out yesterday. Just got it. :)

Mark Sirota;16''6 said:
That's correct, it's not color managed by default. Go to about:config, and set gfx.color_management.enabled to true, then restart.
Yes! You are right. That is exactly what I saw explained on Mozilla's pages. I just didn't remember...

MAC only I assume... Win v2.'.'.14 is still most current..

MMarz;16'48 said:
Currently: Mac, Windows, Linux.
On june 17th, I personnally installed v3 on both my Windows machines (2 desktops + 1 Laptop) and my MacPro... So, look again here.

MMarz;16'48 said:

You have to dowload it. There is no automatic update from the 2.x Versions.
As I remember it was the same from 1.x to 2.'.

Juergen

Denis Pagé;16'49 said:
Currently: Mac, Windows, Linux.
On june 17th, I personnally installed v3 on both my Windows machines (2 desktops + 1 Laptop) and my MacPro... So, look again here.

That's excellent!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back