• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Face recognition boxes suddenly appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyLr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I'm doing a review of a shoot and suddenly the face recognition box keeps becoming active for each frame I try to adjust, but I'm not sure what's triggering it. I have to keep unselecting it which interrupts what used to be a fast process. Any idea what's causing this?
face detection.png

Click on that icon that you've done a screenshot of, so it goes dim. Then when you switch to another photo, it should stay disabled.

Click on that icon that you've done a screenshot of, so it goes dim. Then when you switch to another photo, it should stay disabled.
I did that but it kept continuing for hours (suddenly starting again on and off), but then oddly stopped again. I may have closed and reopened the app. I'll see if this fixes it the next time. But frankly I wish I could remove that button entirely as its a pest. It shouldn't be a feature of a professional app as its more a thing you'd get on a bundled photo app like Photos on Mac OS.

Good news then... you can! See the arrow at the right of the toolbar? If you click that, you can hide that button.

Also go to Catalog Settings > Metadata tab and make sure Automatically detect faces in all photos is unchecked.

Then all you have left to do is avoid going to the People view, so it never starts indexing the current folder/collection.

Good news then... you can! See the arrow at the right of the toolbar? If you click that, you can hide that button.

Also go to Catalog Settings > Metadata tab and make sure Automatically detect faces in all photos is unchecked.
Oh thanks! I thought that just hid the whole base tool bar. That's another annoyance taken care of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back