Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm trying to export a folder to an external hard drive while leaving the soft proofed images on Lightroom.
However, all I've done so far is drag the folder to the external hard drive resulting in all images leaving the pc's hard drive.
Shouldn't I be able to leave a soft proofed folder available (for any future work) ?
I would be really grateful for help on this.
Thanks

Could you please explain what you mean with "the soft proofed folder"? Soft proofing is a way to view an image as if it were printed, so displayed in the printers color profile. It does not change the image in any way.

You can edit an image while soft proofing it, and save this, but that creates a virtual copy. You can't move virtual copies to a different folder than the original they belong to.

When Soft Proofing is active, You also have the option to 'Create a Proof Copy', but this only creates a Virtual Copy- a preview that you can then edit to suit the printer profile, looking for out-of-gamet colors etc. But it is NOT a physical file in a folder that you can move. It is only another view of the same photo with different edits to suit a print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back