Epson 3800 won't talk to LR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
The title of the thread should read "printer won't take output properly from LR4 or CS6. I have used this printer and a 2200 before it, for some years, and print 99% of my stuff, so I am not a beginner in printing.
I send an image thru "print", go to the usual drivers etc, and the printer accepts the input, starts up like usual, makes all the appropriate back and forth sounds, and 5 or ten minutes later (13x19 at 2880 dpi), produces a blank sheet of paper.
I have unplugged it, restarted the computer, and anything else I could think of and no luck.
Wisdom needed.

So you've been able to print in the past from LR4 and CS6 and this problem has just started?
Made any hardware or software changes that may have precipitated the problem?
Have you tried using a different cable to the printer?

herb,

Since the problem just started, it sounds like a hardware malfunction.

Can you print from other programs? Is there some sort of diagnostic routine for the printer? Are the ink cartridges (if any) seated properly?

I found this from Googling "epson 3800 printing blank": http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5697

That poster's problem was a faulty ink pump. Is the printer still on warranty?

Hal

I finally got it going last night. Turns out the heads needed cleaning, and that did it. I kept getting the message "communication problem", and that of course led me to cables, etc, but it was fixed after running a nozzle check, which showed clogged nozzles, and so a head clean and that did it.
Who wuda thunk that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back