Editor bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thany

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When I create a new topic (not always), all newlines in the text are thrown away. So all text will have become one giant lump of characters. No paragraphs.

When I edit a post (not always), and go into the middle of a line to make a change, the editor adds a space to the beginning of that line.

I've also noticed that when I go to the end of the text by hitting ctrl+end, and start typing, the text I type actually appears at the beginning of the post. But I haven't fully confirmed this one.

Using Opera 12.16 on Windows 7.

tried a more mainstream browser??

As far as I can find out, it's a vBulletin bug, so not something I can fix I'm afraid.

One thing you can try is to go to Forum Options on the menubar > General Settings and scroll down to Miscellaneous. There's a couple of different Editor options that you can try to see if they work better.

@ukbrown
No offense or anything, but Opera is not that outlandish. It is considered one of the "big five". The big five being MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. The troublemaker is usually MSIE, because there's literally nothing that MSIE can do that the others can't. Just so you know.

@Victoria
Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps if you can pass this one to vBulletin they can fix it, but it's good to know its not lightroomforums' mistake ;)

My pleasure. And if you find it's working on any other vBulletin forums, let me know and I'll see if I can find out what they've done to fix it.

↑ ↑
Sometimes one of the two first buttons above (in reply mode) helps can't remember which one, in the moment
it
works
o.k.

Franz

As far as I can find out, it's a vBulletin bug, so not something I can fix I'm afraid.

One thing you can try is to go to Forum Options on the menubar > General Settings and scroll down to Miscellaneous. There's a couple of different Editor options that you can try to see if they work better.
The last one (standard editor) works best for me with IE10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back