• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Dynamic Link failure; Can't play Slideshows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Krieger

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic CC 7.5, Camera RAW 10.5, all up-to-date via Creative Cloud 4.7.0.400
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I have been bit by this gremlin. Searching this forum and the Web turned up others with identical and similar problems. No-one has found a solution. Help please.

When I play a slideshow I get the following error message: "Dynamic Link Media Server failed to launch / Slideshow playback is not possible due to an error. Please try relaunching the app. If the problem persists, you may want to re-install Lightroom."

Sometimes closing Lightroom and re-opening it allows me to play slideshows.
Sometimes I have to re-start.
Sometimes I need to shut the computer down and restart.

Today, nothing works to restore my ability to play slideshows.

I have tried all options at "Preferences ▹ Performance ▹ Video Cache Settings", viz. "limit/no-limit", different sizes, purged cache repeatedly. I have rebooted after changing any setting.

What do I risk losing if I unstall/re-install via the CC app? (Others report that this did not resolve the issue.)

—Kirby.

OS 10.13.6
LR Classic CC 7.5, Camera RAW 10.5, all up-to-date via Creative Cloud 4.7.0.400
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
3 monitors: iMac, LG 27" Ultrafine, NEC PA271W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back