• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Duplicate Gallery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 7.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Within a publish service (TTG CE4), I want to rename the album names.
Some renames are successful, others get an error message :
"Duplicate gallery found
if you proceed, this gallery will have a number appended to the slug"
I vaguely remember that some years ago I created some albums that were deleted afterwards.
But no present album or slug names are duplicates, I checked all of them.
Is it possible that 'deleted' galleries are still present in the catalog but do not appear ?
Bernard

Bernard,

I don't recognize the publish service that you reference. Can you give a better description? In any case this is likely a problem with the plug-in or the service API and not in Lightroom. You should contact the plug-in developer directly.

-louie

As far as I know, TTG CE4 is a web gallery, not a publishing service. I'm not sure it is fully compatible with Lightroom 7. It seems pretty old.

Hi Louie,
Thanks for answering.
The publish service is for a web gallery from 'The Turning Gate'.
I don't think it's a problem with the plug-in. The error message is from LR, and basically it says the 'slug ' name, which is stored in the catalog, is a duplicate.
The slug name is part of the gallery information provided to LR.
Bernard

Hi Johan,
A LR publishing service is used in order to define and update the TTG web gallery. TTG CE4 is indeed quite old but has been used by many people; the problem I mention today was already present in LR 6.
Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Even though the error appears to be comming from Lightroom it is the plug-in that is failing. Something has changed as I suggested earlier. Did a quick look at The Turning Gate and there is a bunch of resources about the CE4 plugin including Docs & Support contact form.

-louie

Thanks Louie, I have been in Docs & support already , no luck.
Sorry to insist, but I get the error message when trying to rename an album name, which is in fact a LR collection. I believe there is a 'phantom' collection in LR which contains the same 'slug' name.

I believe there is a 'phantom' collection in LR which contains the same 'slug' name.

While that may be true I am pretty sure that there is no Adobe field "slug". This is almost certainly a field created by the plug-in developers to support the web galleries. I would use the contact form on the Turning Gate site and send them the error message. That is going to be the best way to solve your problem.

-louie

Here is the error message.
I think I made a wrong interpretation of the word 'slug' in the message, I am not sure anymore it's the same as the field 'slug' in the gallery description?
Sorry for the confusion.
Bernard

Attachments

• LR-error.jpg
    LR-error.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 252
Thanks Louie and Johan, I have found a hit in the TTG support , and is indeed due to TTG, not LR.
Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back