• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Do I have Lightroom Classic CC loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargieW

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System: Mac OS 10.13.1
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): CC 2015.8 (1099473)

When I go to the Creative Cloud Desktop App, “Home”, the activity stream indicates that You installed Lightroom Classic CC” 4 days ago. In “Apps”, Lightroom Classic CC is “open”.

However, when I go to
1. Lightroom’s “About…” menu, the splash screen indicates “Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.8 Release Camera Raw 9.8

2. Lightroom’s “Help, System Info” shows Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 (1099473), License: Creative Cloud, Operating System Mac OS 10.13.1

3. Lightroom’s Top Screen label is “Lightroom Catalog-2.Ircat – Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-Library

What version of Lightroom is actually loaded – Classic CC or 2015.8 – or are they the same? Is it possible that although the Creative Cloud Desktop App indicates that I installed Lightroom Classic CC four days ago, is there another step to the update process that I missed?

The reason that I ask is this:
I want to use the new Range Mask feature. I understand that the photo must be set to Process Version 4 to use this feature. I cannot get the Lightroom Develop camera calibration option of Process 4 to be an option (only have 2012 (current), 2010, 2003 as options). My images are Process 2012.

I read on-line these suggestions:

“When you click on the lightning bolt underneath the histogram that indicates the lower process version, you will get a dialog where you can say you want to convert all images in the film strip.” I don’t see the lightning bolt underneath the histogram.

“Move a slider anywhere in develop, the PV will automatically update (provided it was currently at PV3/2012). The only exception if the image has previous adjustments using Auto Mask.” On my LR, the process version does not automatically update when applying the adjustment brush or radial filter after moving sliders.

Thank you for your reply!

The solution turned out to be as follows:
I have installed Classic (4 days ago), but also have the older Lightroom CC 2015 open (you can have both installed). I closed the version I had open, then looked in the installed applications for Lightroom Classic, and opened that. If it is the first time you are launching Classic, it will find your Lightroom CC 2015 catalog and prompt you through upgrading a copy to use in Classic. Once the copy of the catalog is upgraded, you’ll move forward with that in Lightroom Classic.

The other thing I missed at first (on Windows) is existing short cuts continue to point to the old version. Obvious really. !!!Doh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back