• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Custom Splash Screen for LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoworx

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Is there anyway of creating a custom splash screen for the latest iteration of LR?

I know there was with previous versions, but I can't see way of doing it with the current version.

Appreciate the reply.

I'm using Adobe subsciption now so I have both LR's on my PC, but the one that I use is LR Classic (well I think its Classic as it is confusing!) its the one with the short haired lady with glasses on the splash screen *not* the one with the brown leaf on the splash screen.

Ok - if LR-Classic To be sure open Lightroom, go Menu > Help > System Info..., and the top line in the box will give you details.
And my post above will still be the answer. It is possible.

A screen-clip of my Splash Screen image in the Lightroom folder- C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Splash Screen
upload_2018-2-12_11-33-31.png
upload_2018-2-12_11-33-31.png

Brilliant thank you very much mate, much appreciated!

And thanks for the screen shot of your folder.

.I don't have a folder called splashscreen.
Open the {Lightroom} folder in File Explorer and create the 'New' folder within. Save the Splash image in this 'new' {Splash Screen} folder.
You can also find the path to the {Lightroom} folder by opening Lightrooms' Preferences, select the [Presets] tab, click on the button- [Show Lightroom Presets Folder...]
If you store your Presets "With the Catalog" then the Presets will be in a folder called {Lightroom Settings} that will be next to your Catalog .LRCAT file.

ScreenShot137.jpg ScreenShot138.jpg

hellow!

how can i do so for all users? i tried to do as you said, it works great, but it's only for the current user. I need something like user "public" to put in?

hellow!
how can i do so for all users? i tried to do as you said, it works great, but it's only for the current user. I need something like user "public" to put in?
I have always been an 'Adminstator" single User, but I guess that each 'User' will simply need to create the Splash Screen folder with image as detailed in the link in Post#2 above. (Copy&Paste the Folder?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back