• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Custom crop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Android
I'm editing several hundred scanned in images on android tablet. Every one needs a custom crop. Lightroom opens the crop each time as "original". Is there a way to default to "custom".

Thanks

Colin

I can't test this right now, but Android recently got the ability to paste settings to multiple photos. If you apply a custom crop to one, copy just the crop to the clipboard, then select multiple photos in the Grid and select Paste Settings in the ... menu, that may do the trick.

I can't test this now either. But each image genuinely needs a custom crop. I'm scanning old old photo albums which are in no sort of order, so huge photos are next to small photos etc. Since I need to capture all notes, dates on each photo, (and then replace in the appropriate album), sorting by size in advance is not really an option. I really need to keep them in the order they've been stored. By and large I'm scanning between 3 & 9 photos on a single scan.

Its also tricky to get each image straight on the scanner, and I also want to crop out many of the damaged edges (only where there is no relevant detail). So I really do need a genuine custom crop for each one.

Yeah, my theory is simply that syncing any random custom crop would put it into custom crop mode (as opposed to original ratio) so you can do a proper custom crop on each photo without having to constantly select custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back