• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Create a New Folder from selected images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarineGirl405

Lightroom Version Number
Classic 12.3 (Latest version)
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi there, I'm new to Lightroom having spent a decade or more using iPhoto on a Mac. (yes, I didn't even transfer to Photos on the Mac!).

After an import from my various photo devices - I generally do a bit of organizing. Sometimes multiple days of photos are moved into one folder, but sometimes I need to break out a day of images into one or more folder.

Is there a way (to create a new folder from selected images and move those selected images into the new folder - in one step? or must I first create the new folder and then select and move the images I want to relocate?

I'm not sure if that feature just isn't available, or if I just haven't found the combination of menu item/shortcuts to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
1. Select the desired photos.

2. In the Folders panel, right-click the parent folder where you want the new folder and do Create Folder Inside.

3. In the Create Folder dialog, select the option Include Selected Photos:
1684437705731.png
1. Select the desired photos.

2. In the Folders panel, right-click the parent folder where you want the new folder and do Create Folder Inside.

3. In the Create Folder dialog, select the option Include Selected Photos:
1684437705731.png

Solution
Good to know. Thanks.

I sometimes assist with club competitions and find scenarios where bulk handling of images is useful.

Makes sense and I agree…… still an interesting option for some relatively rare scenarios I deal with from time to time.

Interesting… does it create copies of the originals or move the originals. I assume copy.
The Lightroom App only uses file system functions consistent with normal operations in the Folder panel. Move, Delete and Rename are the only file system functions available in Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back