Book recommendations - lesser known features

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaymc

Sean McCormack;1'22 said:
I just wandered into a Public Beta forum nearly 2 years ago. Now look at the mess I've made. Sigh. 24'' posts later and 1 blog later.

I write for Lightroom-news.com. Sometimes.

I'm writing a book on Lightroom. I was commissioned. I think I'm mad for doing it, but it's too late now.

I'm currently looking for a good book on Lightroom; one that is up to date and goes over the not so common features. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Lightroom Forums Jay! And well done for doing your signature so quickly!

I've separated your post off from the Intro's forum, because it was more likely to get missed there.

I'm afraid I haven't had chance to look through many LR books recently, so I don't have any useful recommendations on that one, but hopefully a few will be along shortly.

Thanks for the move. I'm a new user of Lightroom ver. 1.2, never used version 1.1 let alone the betas! My concern is getting a book that best reflects ver. 1.2. I've heard that there was a big difference in the 1.' to 1.1 update. How about from ver. 1.1 to 1.2.
Anyone have suggestions,
Jay

There were big changes between 1.' and 1.1 - there's a LOOOOONG list on my blog - but most books have downloadable updates out for the changes. Between 1.1 and 1.2 it was almost entirely bug fixes, speed enhancements and so forth. No major functional changes on that update.

If you learn well from videos, the Luminous Landscape ones are quite waffly but full of great content, and they did a 1.1 update as well.

Martin Evening's book has a free 1.1 update and it's also available on lightroom-news.com
The Iceland book was post 1.2 so it's probably the most up to date.
What I'm writing does cover a few hidden things, but it's mainly a how to book (as per the commission). Scott Kelby has a few gems in his book. Yep.. stuff I didn't find, which is always cool!

just got scotts kelbys book and there is a free downlaod for the 1.1 updates , which is fairly comprehensive looking ( can't say if it covers everything or not cos I am not that good yet)

I also benefited from Martin Evening's book on Lightroom.

:)

I have both Scott Kelby's and Martin Evening's book. Both have been very useful and are a good complement to each other because of the vastly different styles and approach. I prefer the Evening book; it's particularly well written and the explanations are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back