• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Autocomplete Suggestions not recognizing spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl.proescholdt

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello - Newbie here...great information on this forum that is much appreciated. Hopefully, this hasn't obviously been answered, and I just missed it somewhere.

I have been tagging people, and the Autocomplete is a very helpful tool. I find, however, that if there are several similar starting names such as: John Smith, John Doe, John Jones, you can't start typing "John space Sm" and expect John Smith to come up. It seems to start over the auto suggest when it hits a space. Am I missing something that would make this work that you can type spaces as part of the name and have it suggest the full name including the space?

Thanks!! Carl

That bug on Windows LR was fixed back in LR 4, I think. Maybe it's come back in some form. But I don't observe it -- here's what I see right after typing a space and then an "s":

1595876690911.png

1595876712786.png

Before I suggest possible fixes, can you post similar screenshots of what you're seeing, to make sure we're on the same page?

John,

Thanks for the very fast reply. Yes, I see the same thing you do in the "Keyword Tags" box - It works just the way I would expect it to.

My issue is when assigning names right on the photos in the Loupe View. As the screen shots below show: The first (screen shot #1) is when typing "Carl", it brings up a list of potential candidates, then in screen shot #2, I typed "space W", and it brought up all the possible names that start with "W" rather than refining the list to potential candidates for "Carl W".

1595886617522.png

1595886858278.png

Is there a way to have the program work the same in the Loupe View on name assignment as it does in the Keyword Tags box?

Thanks again!

Carl

Hmm, I observe the same misbehavior in my Windows LR 9.3 when typing face names, but not in my Mac LR 9.3. I also see it in Windows LR 6.14. So it appears the bug got fixed in the Keyword panel but not for entering face names.

My only suggestion is to file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back