Are notifications not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRList001

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I'm not getting notifications at the moment. I haven't had any for a few days now. I have checked both my settings here (which hadn't changed) and the junk folder of my email.

Is there a problem?

TIA.

They were affected by the server issues at the weekend, but I moved to a different email server about 24 hours ago, so in theory they should be working again now. There may still be some issues I haven't found yet, so let me know if you don't receive this one.

They were affected by the server issues at the weekend, but I moved to a different email server about 24 hours ago, so in theory they should be working again now. There may still be some issues I haven't found yet, so let me know if you don't receive this one.

Many thanks Victoria, good news, I did get this notification, so yes it seems to be back to normal.
A couple of observations. I am getting 404 like errors in various places, such as 'home'. I get redirected to here:
Default Web Site Page
At the weekend, I had difficulty getting back to the forum pages and I'm not sure even now exactly how I did it as most links/searches ended up with the above. However, working now. (I think this persisted after the site was back up, perfectly good URLs went to the unobtainable page as if a cached entry in my session was over-riding the URL I was issuing)
When I create a new thread, I don't get asked about the environment I am using (LR version, Windows/Mac). I just get a blank entry form. Doesn't matter to me, but I mention it in case it matters. Maybe it is only a new thread in the CC area that asks those standard questions?

And just in case I haven't said it enough, very many thanks for hosting this excellent forum.

Last edited:
I think that's probably cached in your browser from the weekend, but if anyone else can reproduce it, I'll try clearing the server caches again.

The thread questions are only in certain forums where we particularly need to know the LR version and OS, so I wouldn't have expected to see it on this thread. I appreciate you mentioning it though, as I'm sure we'll find a few oddities over the next few weeks. It's like having a fresh OS install - it takes a while to get all the preferences back the way you like them!

I think that's probably cached in your browser from the weekend, but if anyone else can reproduce it, I'll try clearing the server caches again.

The thread questions are only in certain forums where we particularly need to know the LR version and OS, so I wouldn't have expected to see it on this thread. I appreciate you mentioning it though, as I'm sure we'll find a few oddities over the next few weeks. It's like having a fresh OS install - it takes a while to get all the preferences back the way you like them!

Thanks Victoria. The cache wasn't in my browser, if that helps diagnose anything. Re different forums, fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back