• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Add copy to my desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lr C
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have LrC on my laptop, but I need to send it in for repairs, so I want to get it on my desktop. But, when I open Creative Cloud on my Desktop LrC isn't there, like it is when I open it on my laptop. Only Ps CC and Lr Web is listed as installable.

Since I'm subscribed I thought I'd find it on the website but I got lost in the forest that is the Website so never found my subscription data, or my key.

At this point, I'm just wandering around the website getting nowhere! Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction?

ps My old desktop in a 32-bit system, is that the problem?

"a 32-bit system, is that the problem? " - YES! You need a 64bit system.
! Lightroom-CLASSIC System requirements
You can backup your Catalog and image files to another drive (if you have not already), but you will not be able to open your LrC-10 catalog in the old 32bit system, or install LrC v10.2.

"a 32-bit system, is that the problem? " - YES! You need a 64bit system.
! Lightroom-CLASSIC System requirements
You can backup your Catalog and image files to another drive (if you have not already), but you will not be able to open your LrC-10 catalog in the old 32bit system, or install LrC v10.2.
Yes, I was afraid of that.

I just discovered the "Geek Squad" installed a 32bit version of Win10 several years ago, on a desktop with a 64bit processor! I don't know why they did that! Needless to say, I'm not too happy about it!

I've arranged to have to install the 64bit version now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back