• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

20GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In my LrC deal (in Australia), I got access to a whole lot of other apps including Ps. That's curious because Ps alone costs more. Is this this just a temporary teaser? Even more curious is that I also got 20GB of storage. Does anyone know what it's for? Does anyone use it and if so how. It's really miniscule for anyone with a reasonable Lr catalogue.

In my LrC deal (in Australia), I got access to a whole lot of other apps including Ps. That's curious because Ps alone costs more. Is this this just a temporary teaser? Even more curious is that I also got 20GB of storage. Does anyone know what it's for? Does anyone use it and if so how. It's really miniscule for anyone with a reasonable Lr catalogue.

The 20GB plan is for anything that you want to store in the Adobe Cloud. This includes some of the reusable part of Photoshop. It also can let you transfer images that you shoot with a mobile phone to the Lightroom Classic app. Since it is only 20GB (less than a camera Card) you need to be mindful of what images are originating on the mobile devices. In addition to the 20GB, you can sync your collections from Lightroom Classic that you want on the web. These are sent as Smart DNG proxy file and do not count against the 20GB limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's curious because Ps alone costs more. Is this this just a temporary teaser?

It's a great deal, and Photoshop has always been part of it. It isn't a teaser.

There is no longer a standalone version of PS. Earlier, when there was PS cost ~$1000 USD. When Adobe develop the subscription model PS got rolled into the full plan and the Photography Plan (which you have). The Lightroom Plan consist of the Lightroom (cloudy)App (only) and 1TB of cloud storage.

On the Australian Adobe site they are offering four plans:
All Apps - AUD$76.99/m
Photography - AUD$14.29/m - Lr + Ps
Photoshop - AUD$29.99/m - Ps + Fresco
Lightroom Plan with 1TB - $14.29/m

But never mind, I have my answer. I guess it's just local market strategy.

On the Australian Adobe site they are offering four plans:
All Apps - AUD$76.99/m
Photography - AUD$14.29/m - Lr + Ps
Photoshop - AUD$29.99/m - Ps + Fresco
Lightroom Plan with 1TB - $14.29/m

But never mind, I have my answer. I guess it's just local market strategy.
No, it's not local marketing strategy....it's the global strategy that has been running for at least 5 years now. Yes, having the Photography plan at $9.99 per month , which includes PS, while the single PS subscription costs twice that amount makes little sense to me either. But we all know that Adobe Marketing work in strange and mysterious ways!

I have not seen any offers for fresco with my Mac plan not even a trial. On further investigation, I find it is available only on iOS or Windows. Perhaps it is the Fresco app that causes the plan price to be double that of the Photography plan without Fresco.

The 20GB plan is for anything that you want to store in the Adobe Cloud. This includes some of the reusable part of Photoshop. It also can let you transfer images that you shoot with a mobile phone to the Lightroom Classic app. Since it is only 20GB (less than a camera Card) you need to be mindful of what images are originating on the mobile devices. In addition to the 20GB, you can sync your collections from Lightroom Classic that you want on the web. These are sent as Smart DNG proxy file and do not count against the 20GB limit.

It took a while but now that I've worked it out, it's amasingly useful.

Late in get game but as I understand it has more fonts and design options. Seems more specialized for the designer.

The 20gb can be used for more than LR and the space usage can be significant or trivial. I think this covers the main ways:
  • Lightroom
    • Original photos/video taken on the phone/tablet. You may or may not use any space for this.
    • Photos/video imported into the phone/tablet - eg flash card to phone/tablet when you're away from a computer. Again, this is your choice.
    • Smart previews, ie photos synced from Classic Lightroom, do not count
    • Portfolio and Spark sites don't appear to count
  • Creative Cloud folders - the Dropbox-like folder that you see in Explorer/Finder
  • Photoshop Cloud Documents. This new Photoshop feature lets you save to the cloud instead of your hard drive, so it lets you open the file on other computers/devices. This could use a lot of space.
  • Other Adobe apps' work - apps like Fresco. Probably not much space.
  • Photoshop library files. These aren't usually big and are often things that you might want to use on more than one computer and/or repeat in different pictures (eg copyright logos).
Your work | Adobe Creative Cloud lets you see most of this non-Lightroom space usage, including deleted cloud files which can be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back