• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Where are collections, smart collections, collection sets in Lightroom CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrybark

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic; Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi all,
Long-time LR Classic user (desktop), first time poster here. I've recently synced my catalog from LR 5 to LR 8 to LR CC on my Mac. I can't see any of the collections I had created in LR Classic. All my albums seem to be in one folder now instead of organized into the collections I previously had sorted them into. I can't see Quick Collections either. Is this just how it works on CC?
Thanks for your time!

I assume you mean you migrated the Classic catalog to LRCC, not synced it? If so, the "one folder" should be a parent folder which you can expand to show all the collections (now albums) that were in the original Classic catalog.

But yes, there isn't a "Quick Collection" in LRCC, though there IS still the concept of being able to set any one of the existing albums as the "Target Album", after which pressing "T" in the Grid will add the selected image to the target album.

I suppose there's no reason why you couldn't create an album called "Quick Collection", and use that as the target album for quickly gathering images together....it would appear in the album list, however, not in a separate panel as it does in LR Classic.

I assume you mean you migrated the Classic catalog to LRCC, not synced it? If so, the "one folder" should be a parent folder which you can expand to show all the collections (now albums) that were in the original Classic catalog.

But yes, there isn't a "Quick Collection" in LRCC, though there IS still the concept of being able to set any one of the existing albums as the "Target Album", after which pressing "T" in the Grid will add the selected image to the target album.

I suppose there's no reason why you couldn't create an album called "Quick Collection", and use that as the target album for quickly gathering images together....it would appear in the album list, however, not in a separate panel as it does in LR Classic.

Thanks! That makes perfect sense. Now.... I'm editing a photo in CC but I can't see any of my presets. Is there a way to migrate these across too?

You can import the presets into LRCC....select an image in LRCC detail view, click on the edit icon and that will show a Presets button at the bottom of the Edit panel. Click that to open the Presets list, then click on the "tridot" icon on the Presets header, which will open a menu which includes an Import option. Obviously you will need to know where your presets are stored so that you can tell LRCC where to find them, but once imported they should then sync to the cloud and thus to any other LRCC apps you might be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back