Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyjas

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Photoshop CS6

I have an iMac desktop running Mountain Lion 10.8.4. I have Photoshop CS6. I know some of Photoshop and some I have not covered yet. I have the Photoshop CC book by Martin Evening. I don’t know if what I am about to ask can be done in Photoshop or how. I don’t know if this procedure exists anywhere! Please tell me if Photoshop can do it or if you have heard of any other software being able to do it. Photoshop has many types of warping, most of all Puppet Warp. You might be able to roughly achieve what I would like to do with Puppet Warp, but it seems to me it would take forever and not be as seamless as what I would like a procedure to do automatically. This is what I would like to do:

I would like to make a freehand drawing from a photograph. Lets say a portrait. I don’t want to draw the likeness exactly from the photograph. I myself want to warp the drawing as I want to. Widen areas, narrow areas, change lines, make a jag in a line. Make the eyes smaller, mouth bigger, squat the whole face. When I am done the drawing looks relatively like the original picture but is changed or warped some. I then scan my drawing (or just the outline of it). I then would open both the original picture and the drawing or outline of it (that I warped) picture into a program [Photoshop?]. Somehow then I could “show” the program (maybe by outlining the original picture's outlines and then outlining my drawing picture with the same tool). I then want to push a button and have the program warp the original photograph picture by following my drawing outlined picture. Can this be done some way like that? By some program out there that I don’t know about or by Photoshop…without sitting there trying to use Puppet Warp for this little by little and then not, in the end getting a 100% result? Because warping part by part in Puppet Warp will not treat the area around it as seamless as the process I talked about , it seems to me. Please, I need someone’s knowledge. I can’t search for this because I don’t know what term to use, I don’t know if this exists, or where it exists, in which software. Is there something like this? Thank You for any help.

Sandy

Yes, the closest you can probably get is by using the 'Liquify' filter. You can warp an image with that filter, and then save the mesh as a separate file. Then you can load another image, load the saved mesh and warp the photo according to that mesh.

Yes the Liquify Filter would probably be like Puppet Warp (if I am right about this) warping just an area and not stretching a larger area around it, like what I dreamed up. But either would not do an exact replication. Thinking about it now, what I wanted is more complicated to do than I first thought. Telling a program to move a line and duplicate the area around it instead of just warping everything around it until it encountered some sort of area anchor marker. Still, for some pictures, this roughly would work. And meaning Liquify filter and Puppet Warp might do somewhat like you said. But too bad no one has heard of anything like this, it seems like it would be faster. Would just be a prep step for me. Thank You both for searching your knowledge. If something is not mainstream I probably won't know about it. But this seemed like maybe a program could do this, after learning some of Puppet Warp and Healing Brush. Thank You So Much For Your Help. And I am still with Lightroom. Just have to grab some Photoshop and Drawing also. Thank You,

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back