Want to see what I am doing in Graduated filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocatseyes

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
OK, I lost how to see what I am doing WHILE I am applying a graduated filter. Somehow my settings changed and I don't find it how to put them back. I want my linear graduated filter to change inside the mask, not outside or reverted, and I want to see the changes while adjusting the sliders. Right now, I see the changes in the preview on the left top instead of in Develop fit view... Very annoying. I do see the changes after I apply. What friggin buttons did I push without noticing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.26.42 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 10.26.42 AM copy.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 349
What color is the Mask Overlay? (red, green, black or white?) You should see something that looks like this: Cycle thru the mask colors using the {Shft}{O} shortcut keys. The latest version (and the one that you should be running) is LRCC2015.6.1 Make sure that your LR version is up to date in case there is a bug lurking in your installed version.
GradFilter.png

Actually Cletus, when I cycle through the mask colours I get red, green, white and clear....which is what I think is being shown here. So if the OP simply turns off the mask overlay the filter effect should be seen.

Edit: no, you're correct, "Black" is there, but on some images it can be rather subtle!!

Johan, if the filter switch is in the disabled position (which it isn't), the filter effect wouldn't be seen in the Navigator either.

Thanks people, I think it is working now... I do get the colours, so I do think I have the right version. The setting that I needed was show edit pins always, do not show the mask overlay and the filter on... Thanks for helping me out here. I can work again now... Done and dusted! Thanks again.

Actually Cletus, when I cycle through the mask colours I get red, green, white and clear.......
Edit: no, you're correct, "Black" is there, but on some images it can be rather subtle!!
Yes, I had to look up the color list in the menu since my "black" was just as subtile too.

Johan, if the filter switch is in the disabled position (which it isn't), the filter effect wouldn't be seen in the Navigator either.

Yes, I realized that after a few minutes so I had already deleted the message again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back