Not open for further replies.

swteven

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
I purchased a new camera and need to upgrade from standalone LR 5.7.1 to LR6.5.
Can I do this in one step or is there an intermediate step required?
FYI - I am still running Mac OS 10.7.5 so I can continue to use Photoshop CS4.
Thanks!

Scott, If you own a license to LR6, you can upgrade to to LR6.14. However, LR6 is no longer being sold by Adobe. You might be able to find a vendor on Amazon that still has stock. Your only Adobe LR option is one of the subscription plans @~$120/ annually.

As far as your OS, I'm pretty certain that the latest version of Lightroom Classic won't run on anything less than MacOS 10.12 either.

If you cannot find a copy of LR 6 to purchase and you don't want to go to the subscription plan, you can download the Adobe DNG converter, use it to convert your new camera's raw files to DNG and import those to your LR 5 catalogue.
Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Note that old versions of Lightroom don't work well with current Mac operating systems, so you won't be able to upgrade to a new OS without breaking your somewhat geriatric version of Lightroom.

You can get it at B&H photo but only in the USA.

Thanks for the informative replies!
It looks like I will need LR 6.5 to process raw files generated by my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS100. That, or Camera Raw plug-in version 9.5.
I am holding off on subscriptions as long as I can so I guess I will convert to DNG for now.
Scott

LTR6.14 is running perfectly well in Macos HighSierra !
There are only two items that are "geriatric":
a. missing the DeHaze filter, you can install it inside LTR6.14 by hand.
b. missing all later lens/camera profiles, not possible to solve that, I think, but running everything through DNG-Converter will solve that issue, if not perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back