Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
I'm running LR 6.10.1 (perpetual). In Library, the folder names show left justified. That means for the folder "C:\Users\Paul\Pictures\Grand Cayman\Grand Cayman 2014 - Photofest", even by pulling the panel as far to the right as it will go, I only see "C:\Users\Paul\Pictures\Grand Cayman\Grand Cayman 201...". What I would like to see instead is "...ul\Pictures\Grand Cayman\Grand Cayman 2014 - Photofest". In other words, a right justified folder name instead of left justified. It would make it a lot easier to find the folder I want to work on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do you really need the folder path at all? You can change the view and let Lightroom display only the folder name itself.

Johan, if you are talking about "Show Parent Folder" than that helps. It also shows I've been redundant in some of my sub-folder names.

I think it is unlikely you will get Right justified Folder names …. but there is lots of options to get the info.

1528053206229.png

Example 1 above.
If you hover your mouse over the folder name it will display the full filename.

Example 2 above.
You can configure the grid display to show the last element of the folder name.

Example 3 Below.
Right Click on the folder name and select "Show In Explorer / Finder"

Example 4 Below.
Right Click on folder name and select "Properties".... where you get get full details regarding the anels.paifolder.

1528053498809.png

There may be several other options.. (eg in the metadata )

Johan, if you are talking about "Show Parent Folder" than that helps. It also shows I've been redundant in some of my sub-folder names.
No, I’m not talking about ‘Show Parent Folder’, although that is a part of it. I’m talking about just showing the folder names, not the path names. Lightroom shows you the hierarchy anyway (if you use Show Parent Folder). Click on the plus icon at the top right of the folder panel and choose ‘Folder name only’ instead of your current choice ‘Folder and path’.

Click on the Plus (+) in the Folder Panel Header and choose "Folder Name Only"
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 3.57.21 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back