• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Printer Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdavie

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
There are two buttons at the bottom of the right pane in the Print module. Pressing the left one starts the printing process immediately. Pressing the right one brings up the familiar print screen that then requires the operator to press "OK." Well, for several years I have started the print process by pressing the left button, but that is no longer reliable. I often get the message that printing could not be started. However, if I utilize the right button and press OK it works. What is going on here? This problem started with Lightroom Classic v9.4 but continues with v10.0.

Hi
Which printer are you using? Are the drivers up-to-date? Is the profile 'Managed by the Printer' or is there a specific ICC Profile selected? Also, when you click the right button and it works, do you change anything before printing?

Hi
Which printer are you using? Are the drivers up-to-date? Is the profile 'Managed by the Printer' or is there a specific ICC Profile selected? Also, when you click the right button and it works, do you change anything before printing?
Thanks for your questions. I use an Epson SureColor P400. The drivers are up,to date. I’ve checked multiple times by letting windows search for updated drivers. Additionally Epson has an app that maintains printer drivers. It has not indicated any newer drivers. I utilize both ICC profiles ane the printer depending on the paper being used. When using the right button, my procedure is “Press Right Button > OK”. Nothing else is set.
I am concerned there may be a subtle issue with the xfinity modem/router which was installed recently. Additionally, I am utilizing Precision Colors ink cartridges which the ink monitor will not recognize. So, I have to manually check ink levels. Perhaps the printer thinks there is an empty cartridge and will not handshake with the computer to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back