• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Print file name text with associated keywords from LR CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhallib

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I want to create a simple text reference (.doc or .pdf for example) for 800+ image files in a LR CC catalog. My idea is a text document, in file name order, with the file name and its associated keywords on the same line.

I do not want to print contact sheets for 800 pictures.

Each file has two “keywords” separated by a comma:
· a year date (1915)
· a description (Shine family Bob Sue baby Jane)
such as 1915, Shine family Bob Sue baby Jane

I realize other fields and features are available, like caption and hierarchical keyword organization. I decided to keep it short & simple.

Using this scheme, I sorted the files by date keyword and re-named them Hallib-001, -002 etc. The text document I want to create is below
file name keywords
Hallib-001 1915, Shine family Bob Sue with baby Jane G
Hallib-002 1925, Shine family Jane G school
Hallib-801 2014, Jones wedding

How can I create this document? I use the information in LR and Bridge but my customers are not Adobe users. Users will have a data disc containing image files and the reference document. They could search the pictures via preview or by reading the text.

I am not a code writer and I haven’t found any non-photo software to read/copy/manipulate this text data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back