Status
Not open for further replies.

fullkoll

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi,

I have always used LR on all my 3 Macs without problems (iMac, MacMini and Macbook Air).

I was at first a bit alarmed when I read that LR6 only could be used on 2 machines, but Victoria helped me out by telling me that I could log out on one and log in on another to avoid using more than two at the same time and that works fine, but.......

I have to enter the serial number every time I log in.

Is this normal?

All of my different LR versions (1 to 6) are registered, so what more can I do? :mad2:

Kjell

Hejsan,

Likely the only other options are only use two machines or purchase a second copy of Lr to cover 3 machines.

MVH

I really don´t mind logging out and in again on my two stationary machines (in different locations), but having to enter the serial number every time is annoying......

I use my Macbook Air to sync my two stationary Macs and I never log out of that machine.

MVH ;-)

Kjell

Last edited:
Be sure to make a secure note card in KeyChain with the serial number so you copy and paste from it. Good to have it in KeyChain also on any IOS devices.

Yes I have done that so far - but as I stated in my original post - is it normal to have to enter the serial number every time you login?

Forlat. Don't know as I never log out.

Last edited:
Yes I have done that so far - but as I stated in my original post - is it normal to have to enter the serial number every time you login?
Since you are legally permitted to run LR6 on ONLY two machines, you need to relicense LR6 on a third machine which should de-license it on one of the other two. By supplying a valid license anytime a third machine is opened, you are able to transfer the license to the new machine. Be thankful that you no longer need to delicense LR from one of the two before to can license it on the third as was the case with the CS Adobe package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back