LR3: VISTA doesn't know what program to use for tethered module

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdotmatrix

LR3, Canon MarkIIN.
plug in camera
camera window settings appear in LR3

[ but behind the scenes a window is opened that wants to know what program to launch EOS MARKIIN and the choices are: Picassa# and MOCROSOFT OFFICE DOCUMENT IMAGING. This could be the reall problem here]
first shot goes well, Some times a series of shots go well.
then whenever it wants, after another shot it appears to be transferring the file from camera to the PC that never completes

You probably need to fix your "autoplay" settings for your "Device". Navigate to {Control Panel}{All Control Panel Items}{AutoPlay} and set LR as the default application for the "EOS MARKIIN"

That's the same on my Windows7 systems, so my autoplay option is set to "Take No Action".....it really doesn't matter to me if I have to start LR manually if ever I plug in my camera. There's probably a way to fix the autoplay settings to be able to add applications, but I've never looked.

I went into autoplay and made changes to TAKE NO ACTION when the camera is connected.

I also went back in and changed my images back to RAW and fired off a half dozen images.

I have connected and disconnected the camera's firewire cable and it was detected and undetected as expected.

I hate to announce that it seems to work as designed prematurely as i have done this months ago only to reach for the butter knife on the next important shoot. I will continue to test this system..

I am anxious to have confidence in LR3.

thanks for the replies

Tomorrow is now. I powered up the laptop fresh, and started LR3.

I plugged in a USB and plugged in my 2'D. shot a number of shots off on RAW. Plugged and unplugged no issues.

I plugged in my firewire and my markIIN. It was detected nicely. I fired off a number of shots.

ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES.

WOW! Did I just say that?

In conclusion, I think the issue I experienced was when the camera was plugged in windows or something wanted to know what program I should run the camera with and the only 2 choices were not applicable: Windows Office and Picasa3. This window would remain open in the background even though it was closed or canceled and lightroom3.2 would get confused and crash as it were.

So following the advise from this thread I changed the AUTOPLAY to DO NOTHING AT ALL.

Now the window and the ridiculous choices never appear and LR3.2 handles all the specifics!!!

ISSUE APPARENTLY SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back