Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
LR 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
This is my first post so thanks in advance for your patience. I imported photos from Sandisk onto laptop and all seemed to go well. I could see the photos as they were uploading and then received message that LR can't read photos and then they were suddenly replaced with other photos with the "!" icon in top right of each photo. I'm in a panic because I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning and not sure how to correct problem.

1536424006377.png

Welcome to the forum. What I would suggest is copying the files from your card to your computer (or external hard drive if that is where you will be storing the primary copy) and then importing from there. This will allow you to see if all of the images copy properly to the computer/drive and you can verify that none are corrupt. If that is the case, then go ahead and import from the computer/drive, but also remember to make sure you have a backup copy of the images on another device or drive.

If the files do not copy correctly, try another card reader, USB port and/or cable. If things still persist, buy another card for the upcoming shoot as this one may have corruption. Also, try to only format your cards in your camera (not your computer) if you are not already doing so. This can reduce the possibility of possible corruption or issues as the cameras and computers format somewhat differently.

Report back if you are still having problems.

Good luck,

--Ken

Thanks Ken! It seems the problem is with the Sony ARW files? I wonder if I need to upgrade LR ?

The version of Lightroom that you are using may not support the files (as the camera you are using may have been released after the final version of LR you are working with). What I would suggest is to copy them to your computer and then use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert them. LR will then be able to work with the DNG files. Short of upgrading, this is really your only way of processing the files with your version of LR.

Good luck,

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back