Lightroom crashes when using shortcut key "F" and "fill" selected in Navigator panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Jay

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom 6.8

This bug was reported by Victoria in February 2017 - obviously related to an earlier update of Lightroom...
Clearly still not fixed.
I added a bug report to Adobe as well.

This thread just serves as informational value for anyone searching for data related to the abovementioned bug.

Good question - I have not gone there yet because I am away on location right now.

I have no plans to update this MBP until after my return home, early in December, in case I encounter a problem.
I am in the middle of nowhere now (Normanton, Queensland, population 1468 about 1000 km inland from Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria) with only dodgy, slow internet access anyhow.
For now the "F" shortcut works as long as anything other than "fill" is selected in the Navigator Panel.

I had not encountered this bug before today but a little bit of digging led me to Victoria's post on one of the Adobe Forums.

Tony Jay

Just tried it in 6.13 (perpetual license) on Windows 7 64-bit SP1:

First, 'G' to go to Library mode, in the Navigator chose 'FILL', then 'F' to go into full-screen, and 'F' again to come back out.
Then 'D' to go into Develop mode, then changed to 'FIT' and then back to 'FILL', then then 'F' to go into full-screen, and 'F' again to come back out.

No nasty surprises here. Hope it works for you when you get back to a good internet connection...

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back