• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom classic wants to sync pictures that are not in the cloud (anymore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyluyckx

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Since some time I have at the left hand top of the classic screen a notification that LR is syncing 2 pictures. When I go to edit/ preferences/sync tab, I indeed see that two pictures are waiting to be downloaded from the cloud. However these pictures do not exist in the cloud. Indeed they once were there and maybe I deleted them while they were being synced (i am not sure here). Now this message is there and I don't know how to get rid of it. Somebody has an idea?

You can reset the sync data in the preferences.

Thanks, but all I can see is "delete all synced data" . Probably that is not what you mean? Rightclicking on the lines at the bottom does not work
1581871568748.png

Press and hold the Alt key when looking at the Preferences>Lightroom Sync and you should see a "Rebuild Sync Data" button appear. Click on it.

Thanks, solves something: the two "pending" lines are gone but the line with Downloading in front is still there. Problem is that the file _GUY2.... does not exist anymore on my IPAD

Login to the LR Web app to see if it's listed under "Sync Errors", which might give you the ability to delete it from the cloud.

I can see 3 sync problems (all with the same picture _Guy20...) reported in LR Web but I am not able to delete it.... until I pressed Alt :) . After this and repeating the first Alt trick and rebuilding the sync data resolved it. Thank you very much for your help !!!
1581877399862.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back