Export Lightroom 6 to Skylum Luminar and Camera Profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Perpetual 6
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, If there is anyone using L/R along with Luminar can you tell me if once I set a camera profile in L/R ( cannot see another software outside Adobe that allows user camera profiles to be set) will that profile be carried forward when I export to Luminar? Thankyou, Russ.

Hi Russ,

This will entirely depend on how the image is exported. If you export as a TIFF or JPG then the camera profile and all other develop settings will be "baked" into the RGB of the exported file. If on the other hand you export as an original raw or DNG this information may be available in the metadata. It is unlikely, however, that Luminar will recognize this and even if it does the results in Luminar will almost certainly be different from the result seen in Lightroom.

-louie

Hi Russ,

This will entirely depend on how the image is exported. If you export as a TIFF or JPG then the camera profile and all other develop settings will be "baked" into the RGB of the exported file. If on the other hand you export as an original raw or DNG this information may be available in the metadata. It is unlikely, however, that Luminar will recognize this and even if it does the results in Luminar will almost certainly be different from the result seen in Lightroom.

-louie
Hi, Many thanks for your reply. Russ.

I have LTR6.14 and Luminar-3, I just installed LuminarFlex as plugin in LTR, works well.
I originally planned to have everything in Luminar, but the DAM (digitalAssetManagement) is far from equal to LTR, so I think I have to wait an other year at least to do that. And then because LTR is so powerful as DAM, that I realized that I have already the same now as I planned to have, no need to have the Luminar DAM. My "problem" resurfaces when LTR will not run in the near 64bit only mac.
But even then I will survive on my windows computer where I have the same setup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back