craig_k

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
4 videos being exported total of 4 was 1.64 GB, individual sized at 412mb, 199 mb, 577mb, 492 mb each appx. 2.25 minutes in lengt, export as H.264:max quality. After the completion of first video export I noted in the task Mgr. The CPU went to 0 useage along with the external drive, not an ssd , 5TB with only 1.32 TB used, on which LR resides, drop to 0 as well, the progress bar upper left is “hung up” at the same time indicating this deal is over. I have an I9 k chip and 32 mg ram. According to my trusty VB Cc/ 6 FAQ book recently received, it only mentions restricted file size for importing, nothing restrictive for exports. I took this to my laptop with 16 mg ram, I7 chip and it export 2 of the videos, using same export parameter. Had to break it into 2 exports as well.
I return to PC and change export as medium settin not maximum and the total file size was 75mb in comparison. The 4 files exported fine with reduced export setting.
Has anyone else experienced export videos with large file size total lockdown, regardless of number of smaller size and numerous small individual videos being exported ? I initially thought the new EHD could have issues when the quit happened. I had task Mgr running as I was curious about the data size being read by EHD and plenty of memory to go along with new I9 chip. I took screenshots of particulars during export and when it 0ed out and froze.
Are video files that much different than a huge export of images that total far greater than any dumb 1.64 GB total of 4 separate videos?????
Does one expect to not be able to send full max settings for any video export but be religated to use lesser export selection other than full/ max if you have plenty of power to do so both chip/ memory wise?
Thank you for your time.

In doing search for video exports issue, seems as if it’s been prevalent all along, something apparently related to coding issues by software engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back