Not open for further replies.

field500

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.4 ACR 12.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi
I have owned a lot of Canon SLR's over the years and have tended to shoot JPEG/RAW and import both files into LR and usually edit the RAW file.
I have just purchased an EOS R with the 24-105 STM lens.
I noticed that on my photos, the lens hood was visible, just, on the wide 24mm setting - put this down to a third party lens hood (£10 v £45 for Canon original) (albeit not an issue with the same lens hood on a EFS 18-135mm)
This was quickly corrected by applying the Adobe Lens Profile correction for the lens in ACR.
However, i have just compared an original JPEG and the corresponding original RAW in LR - the jpeg does not show the lens hood, but the RAW does.
I assume this is because the in camera processing of the JPEG has applied an automatic lens correction?
I suppose my question(s) are this - has anyone else noticed this (especially with the RF 24-105 STM lens), and can the automatic correction be applied to RAW in camera or in LR ? (or should i just stump up the £45 for a Canon hood)
Thanks
Simon

I’m not sure I understand the question. Lightroom and ACR use the same lens profiles, so if applying the lens profile in ACR solved the problem, then you can do the same in Lightroom.

I’m not sure I understand the question. Lightroom and ACR use the same lens profiles, so if applying the lens profile in ACR solved the problem, then you can do the same in Lightroom.
Hi

Yes, you are correct of course - i think my question is not really a LR / PS question at all now i think about it. I need to understand how the JPEG file is handled within the EOS R - the resulting file in LR does not need any correction. Whereas the RAW file does.
I will study the manual in more detail, but i have not noticed this on any lens/camera combination before. Perhaps it is a characteristic of the RF len and/or the EOS R system

Thanks

I need to understand how the JPEG file is handled within the EOS R - the resulting file in LR does not need any correction. Whereas the RAW file does.
In jpegs, the lens correction is applied in the in camera processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back