Large storage options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe17

A while back I bought a NAS for storing pictures and iTunes library (lots of movies). Never been happy with the NAS and now I think it's having issues. LR is struggling (finding file errors that never existed before) and copying files from it to my iMac is also hanging.

Not sure I want to spend money on another NAS, but not sure what other options I have? I could buy a large hard drive and put it in a Thunderbird enclosure (if I can find one). That would work for LR but iTunes stores everything in one folder and I'm concerned about running out of space.

With D7100 files sizes, storage is going to be an issue...eventually.

What do folks here use or recommend?

Thanks

All but my current images are stored on a 2 TB Firewire800 attached drive. I'm sure a Thunderbolt attached drive will do better than that. My current 3 months of images are stored on my local drive. On a PC, I have used a bus connected internal drive or a gigabit connected NAS at different times for the same purpose. For your iMac the thunderbolt option wiil probably be the best option but if that gets pricey, Firewire800 is not a bad second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back