Is there an upgrade for 6.14 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WadePunch

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6.14
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
1. Is there an upgrade for 6.14. I do NOT want to go to subscription pay model.
2. When I logged in to lightroomqueen.com, Adobe Creative Cloud updated itself. I want to make sure I will not automatically be signed up for subsription pay. Can someone confirm yay or nay?
Thanks~!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

1. No. 6.14 was the final update to Lightroom 6.
2. Adobe Creative Cloud is completely unconnected to this site.

2. When I logged in to lightroomqueen.com, Adobe Creative Cloud updated itself.
Adobe Creative Cloud updated itself because there was an update available for that application. I got that update too, when I was not on this site.

How can you get a CC update of any kind using LR6?

How can you get a CC update of any kind using LR6?
You can't Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager is a separate app that you can download from this link How to download the Creative Cloud desktop app. Once you install this app and login to Adobe, you can install any Adobe product that you have a subscription for or trial versions of any Adobe app available. If you don't have an Adobe subscription, you don't need to down load this app.

I have subscription. I was wondering why anyone would need it running LR6. That is why I asked. The OP is on LR6 and got a CC update - unless I'm missing something.

If you have a subscription then why are you running Lr6? Why not the version of Lightroom you're paying for each month? Clarify for us if this is Classic? (open the CC App and see what is included)

If you have a subscription then why are you running Lr6? Why not the version of Lightroom you're paying for each month? Clarify for us if this is Classic? (open the CC App and see what is included)

What is confusing is the OP also said "I do NOT want to go to subscription pay model". So how did someone get a CC update when not on subscription. Also said it happened when logging onto this site which responded to saying it has nothing to do with it.

What is confusing is the OP also said "I do NOT want to go to subscription pay model". So how did someone get a CC update when not on subscription. Also said it happened when logging onto this site which responded to saying it has nothing to do with it.
AFAIK, anyone can download and install the CC App, and log in with a free AdobeID. They would get an update of the CC App if there is an update. You don’t need a subscription for that.

I see. I forgot there are some free apps available. Unless you order the plan and set up a payment plan it won't effect a perpetual user. They can't make you automatically sign up for it without our approval, which was the OP's concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back