Generic Autoplay Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richichi

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Hi All Looks like you guys have a great forum going here -this is my first post .... Forgive me if this was discussed but I couldn't locate anything specific, feeling my way around. Anyway I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 and now a generic lightroom icon appears in autoplay. A while back during the upgrade from 3 to 4 I had two icons appearing and I found a fix by editing the handler registry buy can't remember exactly how or if it pertains to this too. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I realize it's not important but it bugs me :)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

By "Generic Lightroom Icon", do you mean something like this, or something different?

Untitled.png

OK, but I'm afraid I'm not sure why that sometimes happens....some kind of anomaly during installation I guess. To be honest I've never been bothered to try to find out why it happens, or how to fix it. If it bothers you, all I can suggest is trying to uninstall then re-install, see if that clears it up.

OK, but I'm afraid I'm not sure why that sometimes happens....some kind of anomaly during installation I guess. To be honest I've never been bothered to try to find out why it happens, or how to fix it. If it bothers you, all I can suggest is trying to uninstall then re-install, see if that clears it up.

Thanks for listening but I was just emailed the fix. Basically the Autoplay string value hasn't got updated and it's been they way since LR3. The fix sounds a lot more difficult then it is - it was really a quite easy fix. Basically you just need to locate the sting and as in my case change the value from 4.3 to 4.4 and all is well. Here's where the string is located on my win7 64bit .... type in the search area REGEDIT then navigate your way on the left side ....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
EXPLORER
AUTOPLAY HANDLERS
HANDLERS
LIGHTROOM4BETAAUTOPLAYHANDLER64

... then on the right side you'll see ...

DefaultIcon REG ...C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3\Lightroom.exe

Double click this string and just change 4.3 to 4.4 and your done (see photo)

Maybe this will help someone if not oh well :)

Attachments

• 5-21-2013 6-40-44 PM.jpg
    5-21-2013 6-40-44 PM.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 300
Thanks for the info, though not sure I understand the comment that "it's been that way since LR3"....as you can see from my screenshot there was one instance of the problem back in the LR3 cycle, but since then everything has been normal....including the LR5 beta. No matter, glad you've got rid of the annoyance.

thanks for the tip here. Fixed it for me, too. Stupid little thing, but nice to have fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back