Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaA

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I want to export some pictures with the caption that I have put into Lightroom. There may be another way to do this, but when I searched, the best I could come up with was Mogrify2. I have it installed on my computer but don't understand the "Path of Mogrify application". In RED, it tells me to "Please specify the location of the 'mogrify' application. What does this mean? I have attached a screen shot. While I'm at it, is this the best and easiest way to include a caption or a title with the exported image? I am using Windows 7.
attachment.php

Melissa

Attachments

• Mogrify2 export dialog.JPG
    Mogrify2 export dialog.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 493
Last edited by a moderator:
See the screen capture. The application should be located as mine is in Win 7 64bit.
attachment.php

Attachments

• MogrifyLocation.jpg
    MogrifyLocation.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 449
Thank you Dave and Denis. I did download ImageMagic with my original Mogrify2 download. So that part is already there. However, when I browse to the location of ImageMagick, the last part isn't there - Mogrify.exe. I have attached a screen shot.
Melissa
attachment.php

Attachments

• ImageMagick.JPG
    ImageMagick.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 467
In that screen dump above, you are still showing what is on your desktop. Left click on the folder in the left side of the screen, then we can see what you have in there. Just expanding it, doesn't actually show what is in the folder.

d.

As you suggested, I found it when I opened everything in the window. Although, it only said "Mogrify", not "Mogrify.exe" until it showed up in the LR dialog. NOW, when I tried to export, I got an error message - attached.
Melissa
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mogrify Error.JPG
    Mogrify Error.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 466
in your export dialog, can you show us the mogrify configuration section please?

And what information is contained in the log file?

The Mogrify Configuration is attached. But I couldn't find the log file on my desktop. Could it have been put elsewhere? I even tried another export, but the log file still didn't show up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mogrify configuration.JPG
    Mogrify configuration.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 518
I think I found the log file. Is this what we're looking for? See attached.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mogrify Error Log.JPG
    Mogrify Error Log.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 508
Ok, so that leads to the next question... can you navigate to that folder two folders down under the imagemagick folder, and let us see what you see. We need to see if the dll files are actually present, or, if they are missing.

Did you mean the folder that says "modules"? If so here is a screen shot of that. If this is the wrong folder, could you please give me the name of the one that you'd like to see?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Modules.JPG
    Modules.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 443
The log file indicates that it's looking for a dll inside of the modules\coders folder. And by the looks of things, you don't have a coders folder in there.

I would suggest you go to the LR2/mogrify site ( http://www.photographers-toolbox.com...hp?sec=install ) and follow the link to install ImageMagick ( http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows ), and then download and install ImageMagick again. with any luck at all, this will sort things out for you.

I chose the last one (ImageMagick-6.9.0-10-Q16-x86-windows.zip), as I had some issues with the dll loading with the .exe version. Just unzip it to somewhere on your hard disk. Then you can point Lightroom at it.

Last edited:
Thank you so VERY much guys! That did the trick. My first download of ImageMagic must have been corrupt. I wanted to be able to export a caption with photos, which is working. Now I should delve a little deeper and see what other things I can do with this "magic" plugin -:)

Great to hear you are up and running with that rather fine export tool.

Looks like I have another problem. Everything is working fine on my desktop, but I have tried to download ImageMagic to my laptop with no success. At first I tried the top exe version with the same error message - tried that twice. Than I tried the last 86 zip version. And I got a message telling me that access was denied, unable to create directory. I've attached the screen shot. Could you please send a little more help my way -:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Access Denied.PNG
    Access Denied.PNG
    244.3 KB · Views: 517
With the zip version, you can unpack it anywhere you like. So put it somewhere other than in program files... The problem you are having (which is why i used the zip version and placed it on my D drive) is that you need to run the installer as an administrator to get it to park the program in program files. Just unpack the zip version either in a folder at the root of your C drive, or on the drive that you have your photos on. (just make sure you don't unpack it at the root without sticking it in a folder.)

try unpacking it at c:\imagemagick\ and put the contents in there. Once you do that, you can point LR at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back