"Edit in Photoshop" greyed out in LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Gibson

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi All.

I have a problem with not being able to edit in PS directly from LR because the Photoshop options in the 'edit in' menu lists are greyed out. I have other editing software (e.g., Macphun) and those are all listed and behave normally from within LR.

I run the latest versions of LR and PS through CC and all are updated. These run on a Macbook Pro that I've had for 2 years and OS 10.11.5. I haven't installed any other software recently.

I haven't moved any of my files, which are mostly dng conversions from Sony (NEX7) raw files and some older Canon cr2s. They are originals, ie, not previews etc. The greyed out behaviour occurs with all file types that I have in LR (including jpegs).

The PS options are greyed out whether PS is running or not.

I've followed the steps from Adobe ("Edit In Photoshop" command missing), un and re installed both programs, all to no avail.

I've tried to find solutions and have read through these forums so apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious (which wouldn't surprise my wife in the least).

Any suggestions for how to fix this will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

If you have a mounted disk/drive and it's connection is lost, then the "Edit In" function will not work and it is greyed out. The reason you can still open the files in Lightroom is that upon importing you probably have built "Smart Preview" in which it allows you to edit the files even thought the actual .raw or .jpg files are not local on your computer.

I just had this problem, but it was only with my recent Lightroom Uploads. I realized I had changed the name of the folders and hadn't updated it with the synchronize feature in Lightroom. Once I synchronized the old folder name with the new folder name, the "Edit in Photoshop" feature was not greyed out anymore.

I just had this problem, but it was only with my recent Lightroom Uploads. I realized I had changed the name of the folders and hadn't updated it with the synchronize feature in Lightroom. Once I synchronized the old folder name with the new folder name, the "Edit in Photoshop" feature was not greyed out anymore.
I trust you mean the ‘Find Missing Folder’ menu, not the ‘Synchronize Folder’ menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back