CS3 Edits in Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Makaha

Have just started using Photoshop CS3 and am at big learning curve stage.My question is is it better to flatten edited image in CS3 to bring back to Lightroom as i like to print from Lightroom or just save from last edit back.Does it make a difference either way.
Thanks Mark

My question is is it better to flatten edited image in CS3 to bring back to Lightroom as i like to print from Lightroom or just save from last edit back.

It depends on what you think is better. I never flatten PSD files that I want to keep. You lose your edits when you flatten a file. If you are concerned about file size and are pretty sure that you will never need to edit the file again, then you could flatten it.

If you set Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility to Always in the PS prefs then layered files should print fine from LR.

The only time I flatten is when I need to save space and have the unflattened file backed up. As rcannonp sayes, you lose all you edits. It is kinda the RAW versus JPeg question, original file or fully processed file.

Thanks

Thanks guys that has cleared up a bit of confusion for me.There is so much information out there and a lot of it is conflicting it is hard to know which way is better when starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back