Could a rotation please count as an 'edit'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davidjacobson

When I'm working with images, I like to export all the images I have changed. This is for two reasons:
  1. I can give final images to anyone without having to go into Lightroom.
  2. Even if Lightroom doesn't run on OS XL 4'.3 I will still have all my images in a reasonable legacy format in their final form.

I'd like to sort by edit time to see which images I have touched, but images that I have rotated are not considered as edited.

Also, stacking overrides the sort order, which decreases the value of stacking for me.

Now, this could also be handled (and better) by Smart Collections - criteria could include 'Edited in this Lightroom session', but that might be asking for too much ;)

I'd also love to hear if there is a better way of using Lightroom to achieve the same goal.

BTW Does anyone know of any other operation that similarly doesn't count as an edit?

Thank you,
David

Upon doing any such operations you could either put the in a Collection yourself or Color Label/Keyword them to indicate what you want.

And the Preference 'Auto Tone' will not append an edit badge, either. What can definitely catch one out is you check that by mistake.

Don

Thanks for the tips

Upon doing any such operations you could either put the in a Collection yourself or Color Label/Keyword them to indicate what you want.

That is a useful workaround, but unfortunately relies on strict discipline :(

Ideally - for lazy people like me - I would only have to press a one button "Export all changed" at the end of a session.

And the Preference 'Auto Tone' will not append an edit badge, either. What can definitely catch one out is you check that by mistake.

Thanks!

That is useful to know.

David

That is not the sort of info Adobe lets out. Those that know can't say either way. NDAs

:)

Don

Sorry. A quick search didn't turn up anything for me.

I meant Adobe has been asked for it but appear to have done nothing with the request.

A quick search will turn up this thread now :D

a little OT

Mick Seymour;777' said:
I meant Adobe has been asked for it but appear to have done nothing with the request.

A quick search will turn up this thread now :D
I've browsed through some of the request the Lr dev team gets. Via other forums etc.

While I don't speak for the Lr team in any way shape or form. I can speak from a software product development PM perspective.

Most of the request are not well planned and don't show the dev team what their real request is. If you want to get noticed by any software development team, you need to give your request, tell them how it helps EVERYONE (not just you) and it's ROI (will it bring more sheep into the Lr flock?). Be ridiculously detailed, these ppl are documentation junkies.

If you don't re-read and edit your request at least a half dozen times. It's probably going to fall on deaf ears due only to the sheer volume of these requests.

Jeff Schewe has made much the same point a couple of times in the Feature Request FOrum over at he LR User to User Forum.

Document, Document, Document! :)

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back